Online classes, online jobs, online internships, seminars, etc., have made us check out every video conferencing software and application that exists. From zoom, google meet to cisco Webex free, mettle, we've had to go through so many applications that now we're tired of them. With some unable to mute/unmute to others having problems with their share screen feature, sound options, etc., the cons of these platforms are never-ending. When it comes to learning or teaching, we need a user-friendly platform with minimum discrepancies and giving a good experience to everyone involved. One of the best software and application in this regard is cisco Webex teams which are not only easy to use but be its screen share, whiteboard, zoom in options – it can do anything you want.
In the cisco Webex teams application, you can share the videos and other audio with the simple tool – multimedia player from where the participant can easily see the video without any lag. The chat option lets you talk to participants privately as well as to everyone together. You can record the meeting for future reference etc. Suppose you want to use this platform for school or college students. In that case, the host can see the activity level, focus level, and he/ she can even unmute the participant if he/she thinks they're not paying attention or are physically absent.
While trying to access cisco webex teams, one should have a good internet connection and computer/ laptop to join without any problem. Before trying to join any meeting, follow the following instructions for efficient usage and no problem.
Now that you’re all set up, here are 3 ways via which you can join any meeting on this platform –
Via installing the application to use:
If you don't want to download the application, you can join the meeting via web browser. To do that, all you've to do is to follow these steps -
1. The initial steps are the same, i.e. you've to open the meeting invitation present in your email and click on "Join now."
2. Instead of clicking on install browser, you now have to select the 'join via web browser' option, which will be present on the screen.
3. Like last time, check your audio and video conditions and set up everything accordingly for the meeting. You can choose whether you want to use your PC's sound or dial in with your cellphone or make Webex call you, so your sound works out properly throughout the meeting.
4. After that, you will get options via which you can turn on your video or keep it off, or even the audio you can mute and unmute depending upon whether you’re speaking or listening
5. When you're prepared and want to join, click on "Join Meeting."