With gaming freaks everywhere, there is a new market named steam launched in the market. It is a cloud-based gaming library. This app's best feature is that people can play or stream games from any device after purchasing the game on this account. This also allows users to store the vast collections of games without eating too much phone space.
Steam has features to add friends or create groups. Each person has a unique username. This username can be used to search for friends and add them. You can then invite people to enjoy games with you. Once they accept, they join the same game. People usually create steam accounts using their gaming ids as most of the games can directly login using steam id.
The best part of using steam is that it is free and does not have any monthly fee. All you need is to spend while buying games. Some of the games are costly, but highly discounted rates are available on Steam sales.
To start using this amazing app, you will need to create an account first. You can make an account in two ways. You can either create a steam account from the website directly or through the Steam servers.
To create from the steam website:
- To get started with creating a steam account, you will first have to go to the steam-powered store. To create an account directly on the steam website.
- You will have to fill the four boxes present on the website. In the first and second boxes, you will have to give email addresses. In the third box, you will have to give the validation, followed by the agreement in box 4.
- After the form is filled, you will have to click on box 5 if you want to continue.
- Then to verify your email address, click on the link sent to your email address. This will complete your account creation.
- Once the account is created, you can now log in to your account. If steam is not already installed, you can install it by checking the steam account documentation. After the creation, you will have to log in to your account to continue accessing your account.
- You can also check the documentation if you want to activate the keys and have not already activated them.
Account creation using Steam Client
You will have to install the steam client and then go further in the creation of an account.
- To get started, you will have to run the Steam Client application from your Windows Start Menu, and then you will have to click the option that says "Create New Account". This will start the New Steam Wizard Window.
- Then click on the button that says “Create New Account”.
- If you see a prompt that says you should not create multiple Steam accounts, click on the Next button.
- Then you should review the Stream subscriber agreement, followed by that you should click on the "I Agree” button.
- If you have already followed the above steps, then enter a trendy name as your account name. This name is unique for each user, and if the name is already taken, you will have to select a new name.
- After the above steps, set a strong password for your account. Then retype and confirm the password.
- This will be followed by a box where you will have to enter your email address. This step will require an email id that is not already associated with a Steam account. If you have an already associated account, you should cancel the new login process and continue with the option to retrieve your lost account. The next button should follow this.
- After this, an option will come where you will have to select a secret question and select an answer.
- In case you wish to get a printed copy of your steam account login confirmation, click on "get printed copy”, followed by the Next button.
- Then, you have reached the final step. Here, you can review the whole documentation of how to access and run the Steam client. After this, click on Finish and Bravo, your steam account creation is done!
To login to your existing account, you will have to go to the login page and fill up the credentials they have asked for your Steam credentials. In case you have forgotten your password or cannot access it, you can check for the Steam documentation or contact the support team for assistance.